Sunday, November 6, 2011

Knitting away......

My blog is titled "The Kansas Hooker" because when I started it years ago, I had fallen madly in love with crocheting, but I came to fiber first, through knitting. About 2 weeks ago, when I was petting yarn in Michael's, I came across this Vanna yarn by Lionbrand:

It just begged to be knitted instead of crocheted for some reason, so I dug out my trusty size 8 bamboo sticks and jumped right in. I had a pattern in mind, but it just felt good to be knitting again. No counting, no turning. Just back and forth, back and forth. I don't even have to  look at the work. My fingers found their places again and click, click, click. I was back in the zone.


Here is the project, I'm calling it the Loop-dee-loo cowl. I am loving the fit and drape of this one, as well as the snugginess factor. It is sooo cozy! I can't wait to put it on with my winter coat.

Loop-de-loo Cowl
by Caroline Chrisco

Free pattern to come soon!

3 comments:

hooksandyarns said...

Very pretty - it looks nice on you. :)

byhooks4u said...

I like this..I have tried to knit..I don't do it well at all..I think I need someone to teach me..This scarf is awesome.

Libby said...

This is a super fab yarn. I love the flecks in it. You have created a wonderful cowl, and it looks great on you.

Hope you have a wonderful week at school. :-)