Sunday, February 26, 2012

A UFO, granny love and a treat..........

Hi all! The Joplin Vest has stalled out. I started it here with such hope and promise and now it is the bain of my existence. I have run out of yarn on Row 31 of a 36 row project. Argh!!!!!!!!!! So it sits and I sit with my fingering hovering over the "purchase now" button, to buy that final skein or fasten off now and just deal with it unfinished. What do you think?




Next project up....Granny squares. I've been toying with a design idea for awhile. Here are the first few. I took these pictures about 5:00 yesterday afternoon , so the colors aren't true, but, oh well, you get the idea.




Here's my gift! Can you guess what it is?
I won a giveaway at Appleblossoms Dreams blog. I have been in love with this scarf since I first saw it here in her post. I love it even more in person. Thanks so much Astri!


Happy Sunday all!

7 comments:

Tina said...

What a lovely gift! I would get more yarn to finish the vest. :D It is looking so nice. I can't wait to see the finished vest. And I love the colors in your granny squares.

hooksandyarns said...

I think I would get another skein of yarn to finish it. I'm lovin' the granny squares. :)

Astri said...

You're welcome Caroline! Thanks for the lovely post. :-)

JoAnn said...

I like all your granny squares and that scarf is very pretty, congratulations on winning it. Not sure about the project, it's always hard running out or yarn so close to the end.

Caroline said...

Ok, I did it, the new skein is on its away from Abundant Yarn. I used Rustic from Cascade and my LYS was out. Soooo stay tuned!!!

Crafty Christina said...

I'm a bit late, but I agree that getting the last skein is the way to go. You worked hard to get that far, so might as well! The leftover can be used for a matching headband or something.

Carla Belyea said...

I am working on a similar circle sweater project and buy the last skein and finish your vest! Looks cute!